8. Boosts Immunity--Amla is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins, and contains tannins . Tannins, when combined with polyphenols, makes the fruit a free radical scavenger. What this means is, it reduces the damage free radicals cause to the cells and thus improves your body’s disease fighting ability.
9. Prevents Formation Of Gall Bladder Stones
Extra cholesterol is the primary cause of gall bladder stones. Vitamin C converts the cholesterol into bile in the liver . Consuming Amla regularly reduces the chances of a build-up of cholesterol as well as the likelihood of any pesky gallstones. It also keeps the gallbladder functioning well and in perfect health.
10. Prevents Ulcers--Due to its antibacterial properties, Amla is a great way of preventing ulcers . They reduce the acidity level in the body and thus avoid the formation of ulcers. Additionally, mouth ulcers can be caused by a deficiency of vitamin C . As Indian gooseberries are rich in vitamin C, they can provide relief from ulcers.
11. Is Anti-Inflammatory--It reduces the level of acid in the stomach and combats stomach inflammation. It also keeps the liver in check and flushes out unhealthy toxins.
12. Improves Eyesight--If made a regular part of the diet, Amla has been known to improve eyesight . It also helps in curing itchy, watery, and sore eyes.
13. Purifies Blood--Because it is packed with antioxidants, Amla works as a blood purifier. It also increases haemoglobin and red blood cells count.
14. Strengthens Bones--Amla is excellent for strengthening bones not just because of its high calcium content, but also for the fact that it lowers osteoclasts . These are the cells responsible for breaking up bones. Thus regularly consuming Amla will result in stronger bones.
15. Cools The Body--Amla has three times the vitamin C of an orange. Vitamin C improves tannin levels in the body that shield from heat and light. It keeps your skin cool in the summer by regulating the heat.
16. Prevents Constipation--Because of its high fiber content, Amla is great for the digestive system. A happy side-effect of this is its effectiveness against constipation.
17. Prevents Jaundice--Because of its antibacterial nature, Amla prevents infections like jaundice and scurvy . Consuming Amla on a daily basis in the liquid form is the most efficient way to fight off these infections.
18. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer--Because Amla is rich in antioxidants, it has various medical applications. Superoxide dismutase, which fights free radicals and reduces cell damage, acts as a potent tool in the prevention of cancer .
19. It Protects Your Liver--Studies have shown that regular consumption of Amla can ward off the ill effects that alcohol has on your liver . It also prevents the oxidative damage that is usually caused by them.